Saturday 15 June 2013

My first video.



Drum roll please ... here is my first hoop video. My first video ever, actually. I have been wanting to do this for a long time and, thanks to some savings + a small unexpected windfall, I at last have the technology to video myself hooping.

As you can probably see, it is a dark and gloomy day here in my little corner of the world, my hands were numb by the time I'd finished! Midwinter approaches us, and our days are so short now that every chance for fresh air is welcomed.

You'll see Monty off to the side there - he is my ever-present hoop companion. Even when he is accidentally hit with a flying hoop [sorry baby!] he sticks around. Clearly he was bored or cold today as he trotted off half-way through.

I have to be honest and say I hate this video. I hate how awkward I look, and the mistakes I make. I hate that as soon as the video camera is on, I completely lose my hooping mojo!! Hopefully I'll get used to it and will improve the more I video myself.

Happy hooping,
Anne-Marie

2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome video Anne-Marie - I haven't really seen many of hoop dance so it was cool to get a sense of what it was. I know you said you felt awkward but I didn't notice that - maybe just a touch of shyness, but I loved the way you were fully present in the moment and in that dance - even through the video I could sense that.

    P.S. I'm totally in awe of courage for putting a video of yourself out there - especially one you not totally happy with. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brie, thanks very much for your feedback and encouragement, it's lovely to hear!

      Delete